I love helping individuals and couples identify blocks and make conscious choices to create relationships they love.
In 2000, I married my husband (that’s us on the home page). We’ve had our ups and downs, through the challenges of life, miscarriages, the loss of my mother, and a lengthy lay off. We’ve learned how to shift our focus from the pain points (that always come) to a deep connection and partnership that now sustainably brings us pleasure and supports our individual growth to bring out our highest potential. We’ve learned know how to always see the light at the end of the tunnel while having each other’s backs. Now our doorman jokes sometimes that we act like teenagers in love. Our kids see and experience that a happy relationship doesn’t mean zero conflict, but patience, taking responsibility and making conscious choices.
Love is a decision, a commitment and an art. You have the power to write the fairy tale ending yourself. I’m passionate about showing you how.
Become the happiest couple you know. Inspire others — individuals, couples and communities — to take up that challenge and create the reality of what’s possible.
No one teaches you about relationships, that’s where I come in.
Integrating the latest knowledge from neuroscience with evidence based clinical practices, I help you get the “Why” the level of change I talk about is possible, not just a dream or a hope or a wish. As a marriage counselor and sex therapist in New York City, I help my clients become conscious of the patterns in their lives, what they did and didn’t get from their parents, how they show up in the world and their relationships. They are better able to decide what they do and don’t want to hand down to their loved ones.
I’m passionate about sex and relationships.
Creating those difficult and meaningful conversations. Bringing couples together, and groups together to inspire the passion of what’s possible and the path to make that happen.
Training, Education, Licensure & Certification
- Sex Therapy Training Program Graduate- New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Helen Singer Kaplan’s Program, a pioneer in sex therapy.
- Ph.D. Drexel University (formerly Allegheny University of the Health Sciences Philadelphia, PA: Summa Cum Laude Major: Clinical and Health Psychology)
- M.A. Hahnemann University Philadelphia, PA: Summa Cum Laude Major: Clinical and Health Psychology B.A. Loyola College Baltimore, MD: Summa Cum Laude Major: Psychology
- New York State License, Psychologist
- Diplomat Certified Sex Therapist American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- Certified IMAGO Relationship Therapist
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
Current Positions and Academic Appointments
Clinical Instructor of Psychology in Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University. Ranked #1 Department by US New and World Reports 2015.
- Voluntary Faculty, Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Medical Center Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva
- Founder & Director, Sexual Health and Rehabilitation Program Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY
- Attending Psychologist, Department of Pain Medicine and Palliative Care Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY
- Diplomate, American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists ASSECT
- Member, Scientific Study of Sexuality (SSTAR) Women’s Mental Health Consortium (WMHC)
- Greater New York Association of Imago Relationship Therapists (GNYAIRT)
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) Emotionally Focused Psychotherapy (EFT)
- Professional Consultant, Guest Lecturer Student Teaching (Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Medical Center and New York Presbyterian Hospital)
- Participating Expert, SexualHealth.com